My Favourite Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mr.Want-To-Get-Married

Recently, Mr.Want-To-Get-Married asked me out on a date. I have only gone out on one date with this guy and we hardly know each other, except for the daily exhange of emails and text messages. Then one day he pops THE question. Through e-mail. He asked me to marry him. Okay. Anyone who knows me really well would know within a second that I wasn't even flattered or moved by it. And it isn't even because I don't want to get hitched again so fast either. This guy is a a bigtime flirt. If I was 20 and he said that to me, yeah, I'd probably fall for him and end up in undisclosed places with him. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for me, I am close to thirty two and have had more than my share of experiences with lazy words and loose tongues of men who seem to think that these are magic words a.k.a 'Open Sesame!' Well, suffice to say, this 'sesame' ain't gonna open up at the seemingly insincere but otherwise flattering words.

Apparently this guy goes after anything running around in skirts. I'd guess that even a cow dressed up in skirt and pantyhose would appeal to him. When Mr.Want-To-Get-Married popped the question I actually wounded his pride by laughing out loud. I asked him, WHY? Why does he want to marry me and what on earth makes him think that I want to be married?

Answer: He said because I'm a nice person, which made me laugh even further. Excuse the pun, but I don't normally laugh at people but this was totally hilarious. I know I wasn't even remotely nice to him. After he showed up on our date in slippers, I decided that I don't have to sell myself short and settle for this kind of thing. I mean, If I can dress up well to meet someone, why can't someone do the same? vice versa? Is is because they think I'm a divorcee so they don't have to try so hard. Divorcees will fall for any guy right? Wrong. Okay, let's not get too intense. I'll just give all guys the benefit of the doubt.Which means, they treat all women the same, divorced or not. Then he said I'm pretty. So I said, 'Yeah, I know'. Haha. I can be a jerk at times you know. Yeah, another bad trait. But before you judge me let me explain why I become a jerk. Sometimes when I go out with a guy and after that date I realize that I'm just not that into him (maybe because he came on too strong), I do things like that. If they compliment me, I say 'Yeah I know' in hopes that they think I'm a perasan case and stop calling and texting me. This has worked for me in some cases but in this case, it hasn't. And I don't know how to stop it. This guy just keeps trying his luck.

I rely on my instincts a lot these days. And my instincts tell me Mr.Want-To-Get-Married just wants to get into my pants. So I'll be a jerk for as long as I want to. Want to get married! Arghh!! I have two kids for heaven's sakes! Do the guy even realize what kind of responsibility he has to uphold if he wants to marry me? I don't think so. So meanwhile, I have to sabotage myself by pretending to be someone I'm not just so as not to fan his crazy marriage ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment