My Favourite Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mr. No-Commitment Goes To India

I had an sms from Mr.No-Commitment earlier this week. It was a forwarded sms that went something like this, 'ALERT!, There is a special strain of virus deadlier than H1N1.It afflicts most married men causing restricted mobility, speech impairment, extreme stress, high BP and fast temper. There is no cure and the victim is affected forever.Its called B1N1 (Bini or wife flu)'. Funny right?. Yeah so i told him so and additionally added that he actually thought about me during the week, hence the message. He replied saying why would he forget?. I don't know, I said. Then he asked me how I was. I said good, as always. He said he will be leaving for India next week and asked me what I wanted. needless to say, I was dumstruck. I mean, I don't need to repeat myself over and over but he doesn't want commitment yet he wants to buy me things. From India. Well a gal's got to do what a gal's gotta do! We have to stand up for ourselves. Our self-righteouness. Our Pride. I mean, what does he take me for? If he thinks I'm the kind of girl that excepts gifts from men, then he's darn RIGHT!. hahaha....got you guys there! Anyway, jokes aside, I said okay but my mind was reeling from all sorts of possibilities. Should I ask him to get me costume jewellery? They have beautiful peices there. Or sweets? or a saree? I called my friend Seema, my dating consultant. She said no sweets. You can get those here. But a saree would be nice. A saree. Yes. So I text Mr.No-Commitment and told him I'd like a saree. He said sure, let me know what colour and type you want. Colour was easy. I told him bright turqoise with a tinge of silver or deep reddish-brown. Type?? My inner-miss-dumb-dumb took over and asked him, what do you mean by type? Well, he said. Do you want cotton or silk? Which is more comfortable for you? Well, since silk is more expensive, I said silk. Then as I was smiling to myself on this latest development, something else dawned to me. I quickly picked up my mobile phone and text him. Won't your mom be surprised that you are buying a saree? I typed. half a minute later he replied. I'm fourty, plus my mother couldn't be bothered with my personal life anymore. Yeah, I think I mentioned to everyone before that his mom has lost all hopes of him being maried and all. So there. I'm getting a saree from Mr.No-Commitment who will be going to India next week. As I sit here typing this, I still don't know what to think. Well, whatever it is, I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! This is turning out to be kinda fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment