My Favourite Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Miss-Make-A-Fool-Out-Of-Myself-As-Usual!

This was a busy week. We had advertised for various posts needed for the hotel in the newspaper. People were coming in and out of the Executive Office. Wednesday started of as all the other days. Briefing, then paperwork, letters to type out, then the interviews. It was quite boring as my colleague, the sales manager was on mc. So I was doing my work earnestly, when a good-looking guy and his friend walks in the office. Is Anita around?, he asks, smiling at me. I said, no, she's on mc. Then I asked him if he came for an interview. Without blinking, he said yes, his eyes twinkling. Off course, with a zillion things on my mind, I didnt see the twinkle. Oh, okay. What post are you looking for? I asked.What kind of jobs are available, he asked me casually. I blurted out the positions as I knew it the back of my mind. Oh, front office sounds good. Front office? I said. Hold on a minute. Then I called the HR coordinator to confirm if I should give him the clerical or executive application form. She said what kind of post in front office does he want. Some are clerical and some executive. So i hung up the phone and asked him. I handed him an application form. Suddenly his mouth started twitching , as if he couldn't contain his laughter. He said. "No, no. I'm actually Anita's friend. Do you have her number?.

Seriously I felt so silly at that moment. Susah-susah i called HR to find out what form I should give him. I wasted my breath telling him what posts are available. Anyway, he asked my for my mobile number. Apparently he is a producer and he wants to shoot some video here. Anita said he found me hilarious and might ask me out. Hmm. I will not go out with him. He probably got a kick pulling a fast one on me! Creep!

No comments:

Post a Comment