My Favourite Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mr. Young-And-Cute-Divorcee's Date with Me

As you guys already know, I had my first, much anticipated date with Mr. Young-And-Cute-Divorcee last night. How was it? Sigh...Honestly, I really don't know what to make out of it. He was cute, yes. But he didn't really give my heart flip-flops when I met him. But he was nice, courteous. And he was hanging on to my every word. A definite plus point! I love it when guys just listen to me talk because I love to talk and frankly it's a shame if they don't listen because I have many curious afflictions I'd like to share. Ha-ha...Gosh, talk about being self-centered! Well, at some point in our lives we have to admit that we are just that and hopefully it would not make us any less human in the eyes of the receiver or to those listening.

Umm...It started out with him being a little later than I was. I hate that. I would really appreciate if a guy arrives at a date with me early (okay, now the self-centered-ness is more apparent, I should really shut my mouth now, or more precisely, choose my words carefully). He apologized off course and because he was cute, I forgave him. (What??? Okay, okay, throw that candle holder at me later ya?!) What shall we watch, he asked, smiling at me and holding the back of my waits as he lead me to the escalator. Terminator3 was what I actually wanted to watch but when we got to the ticket counter, the only seat left were too close to the screen. Off course the inner miss-dumb-dumb in me appeared heroically to so-call save the moment. I said why don't we watch the malay ghost movie. That seven-seven-oh-seven movie. He looked at me curiously, as if trying to sum up what kind of person I was and then laughed. You watch local malay movies? He asked, his eyes twinkling. Okay miss-dumb-dumb knows how to save her ass. I recovered from the moment of dumbness as quickly as it came. I said, well, we got to support out local movie industry right? (okay, for your benefit, I am cringing now as I write the words down ha-ha). He said, we can support the local movie industry next time okay...not on our first date. Okay, I said smiling and nodding myself silly. So we ended up watching Harry Potter. Now, I was not really a fan of Harry, nor did I follow any of the other movies, but I said okay anyway. It was a three hour movie after all, if you catch the drift.

We then had dinner in a fast food restaurant. Yeah, I'm eating my words. Not exactly an ideal location for first dates mind you. Well, not for a thirty two year old mommy of two. I remember not too long ago when Mr.Young-Floor-Manager took me out there for dinner. (mr-Young-Floor-Manager is another story which I have yet to tell).
I felt like a school kid. It was raining and kind of romantic but I just didn't feel it. See, this is where Mr. No-Commitment surpasses them all. Okay, let's not even go there.

But he was sweet and attentive. He is a soft-spoken guy and I found it appealing. We chatted. Well, more like I chatted. He speaks English well. Which is another plus point for him. Until he started talking about his ex-girlfriend who he apparently still has emotions for but that emotion is not returned (by her) since she sleeps with her ex-boyfriend whenever she fights with him. Hmm...I knew there was a catch somewhere. But he insist he's not in love with her. Okay, go figure.

Time came for the movie and we went in. The movie was quite amusing actually and I regret not following it from the start of the first one many years ago. And since he knew I did not follow it, he kept whispering things I didn't know about the movie in my ear at frequent intervals. Off course after an hour, my hands felt cold and he helped me warm my hands. Hehehe....Yeah, that was nice. And he held my hands throughout the movie. Off course he fell asleep in between. Poor guy. I felt bad for him. He has been helping take care of his dad the whole week, alternating the hospital and work and home to his son. So I let him doze off.

Overall, it was a nice date. I wouldn't say it was fantastic but nothing to shout about either. He said he wants to see me again. But, the question is, do i?



No comments:

Post a Comment