My Favourite Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Mr.Mat-Salleh's Date with Me

Psst!..
I had a date. Yeah, I went out with a Mr. Mat-Salleh. He's nice. And short. I didn't want to say 'but short' because it'll make me sound like I was complaining, but he is short. I don't know, most of the guys I go out on dates with are short. Mr. No-Commitment, Mr. Young And Cute Divorcee, Mr. Budding-Musician. Hmmm.....some say it is good luck to have a shorter partner. I don't know. I can't wear heels and I don't feel at all sexy. Well, you are what you believe, so, I have to be positive.

It was an impromptu date. We had been e-mailing and texting each other for sometime now and I had thought of asking him out but I followed my instincts and decided not to. Let him do the asking.

It was a Friday night when he popped the question. Asking me if I wanted to catch a movie with him. After much thought, I said yes. I was tired and I really wasn't in the mood to be in a date. But I was curious about Mr. Mat Salleh. What the heck, I thought, Just Do It! Ha-ha, excuse the pun.

So I found myself dressing up (well, dressing down rather) as it had rained that evening and the weather was pretty cold. Instead of wearing cute, sexy, bust-flattering outfits (nothing works on me, so don't worry peeps), I opted for turtle neck and jeans. Not that hot. But the guy has to like me for me, not what I wear. So, after sending my kids off at my parent's place, I headed off to see him in Pavilion.

Mr. Mat-Salleh is rich. He does not want to watch a movie in anything less than premiere class. It was a RM60 seat each mind you. I had never been in premiere class before. Actually, I had never even thought of premiere class before. It was like watching a movie in an aircraft. The first experience was, I tell you, fantastic. The seats were gigantic. It was soft and we were even given a duvet. It felt like a hotel I tell you. Unfortunately, because of the size, there were practically no space for holding hands or snuggling up. If you wanted to hold hands, you had to put your hands out across to the next seat and it looked silly. I'll be sure not to watch anything in premiere class if I'm watching it with Mr. No-Commitment.

We watched 'The Proposal'. It was hilarious. But I tell you, no one found it funnier than Mr. Mat-Salleh himself. He was cracking up with laughter at every joke, and getting up with jerking motions, laughing himself silly. I tell you, lucky there was only one other couple there and no one else to witness the scene. I kept giving him polite smiles, sending him messages through my non-existent ESP, hoping he'll stop. But he didn't. I think he rather enjoyed himself.

He walked me to my car after the movie and kissed me on both cheeks. But nothing there. No sparks. Nothing. Hmm. I'm beginning to feel like I'm numb, devoid of emotions. How can I not feel anything? He's not that bad looking. Sigh...I don't know. When there is no spark, well, then there just isn't any, I guess.

Some say he's the ideal guy (for me). Mat Salleh. Rich. Muslim. Divorced with a daughter the same age as mine. Well, we'll see how it goes from here. I don't know, I'm not feeling the vibes here, you know what I'm saying?

1 comment: